Tuesday, October 30, 2007

~Craft Show Fever~

Well my first craft show is fast approaching (it is on Black Friday) and I am in high stress mode trying to make enough product to look like I belong there with the other craft exhibitors!! All of my items take a bit of time, so I am having to make sure that each night after work (well after work and after gym that is) that I come home and work on at least 1 or 2 items to build up my inventory!


I have been trying for a week now to find time to make my first attempt at soy candle making and tonight I was finally able to do it!! I have to say that most of it was pretty easy except when it comes to inserting the wicks---ahhh scary!!! The wicks that I had were pre-fabricated with a metal piece at the end which I assumed would help weigh it down and keep it in place well I learned that was not the case-- (mind you I tried inserting the wicks before it was time--I was slightly impatient--- go figure!!) So my husband/assistant craft maker took all the wicks out while we waited for them to really be ready for that step and this is when we experimented with using a wick that had no metal piece and let me tell you those wicks definately worked out much better---so I think that my next batch will be made like that! They are by no means in any shape to sell but I think that for my first attempt that they came out decently!! (See pics below)









I am also finishing up work on two frames, one which is on it final drying step and the other that is waiting for the decoupage to dry so that I can put on the finishing touches-- I think they came out pretty well---definately room for a little improvement but I still think that they are good enough to list on Etsy when they are dry!!






Finally, last night I started work on a complete scrapbook for a baby girl (it is an 8x8 pink suede album that will have 20 pages when it is done)...I am two pages into it and hope to have it finished thursday night before I go out of town!!I am going to Debarry for my college roommates baby shower for her second baby girl!! I cant wait to see her and her family, as I haven't seen them since Hannah's 1st birthday party back in February!>



1 comment:

Candice said...

The frames turned out cute and the candles look great!!!!