Monday, October 8, 2007

Weekend Adventure

While I am sitting here at Starbucks indulging in my pumpkin muffin and hot chocolate (two things I shouldn't be having hehe since I have started back on my fitness and diet regimen 3 weeks ago)....I figure that since I have not blogged in over a week that my weekend travel adventure would be a good topic to discuss, so here goes!!!

My Saturday morning started off at 1:30 am to the sound of my 3 dachshunds howling to a fire engine siren....then once they calmed down from that they decided at 4:30am that it was time to get up...so in my normal routine I get up take my pillow to the couch, let the dogs into the background for a few minutes and then me and the dogs curl up on the couch and go back to sleep till it is time to get back up....it just so happened that this saturday that alarm time was an ungodly 5:30am....

Despite being tired I was excited to get up and get ready to participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure....I had been planning this event for a bunch of us from work for weeks now...from making sure everyone was registered, to designing the team t-shirts, to getting the logistics situated of where we all needed to meet and a what time!!!

The weather could have been better as it was rainy and overcast but once the rain stopped not having the sun beating down on us ended up being a blessing!!! So at 8:00am we were off to walk 5K (which is a little over 3 miles)...it was my goal to beat our time last year of 1 hour and 32 minutes....which I am proud to say that I beat by about 15 minutes!!! Next year I am going to shoot for one hour : )

Once that event was completed, it was time to head home, shower, pack the car, get the dogs to the vet for boarding and get out of the house by noon!! Well of course that was alot to get done in 90 minutes so we ended up leaving another 90 mins later.....oh well what can you do!!!

We were on the road to pick up my brother in Tallahassee on our way to our final destination of Tupelo,Ms to visit my Dad and other family members that live here.....4 hours later we arrive in Tallhassee and of course the college kid is not ready, he is still working on his laundry!!! Man was I ticked off!!! I had already been up for 13 hours!!

After two hours of waiting for him in my car because his apartment was so dirty I couldn't bear to be inside of it for more than 5 minutes....we were on the road again!!! This time we get on the interstate and the traffic is backed up and barely going 5 mph!!! We could not see what was going on we just knew that we were going nowhere fast and we still had 430 miles to go till we arrived at our final destination!!!

Finally after an hour we were moving again!! By this time it was already after 8pm!!!! I tried to sleep for a little while layed out in the back seat with the suitcases and my Ipod.....I probably got a little bit of sleep and then it was my turn to do the last leg of the trip!! The final 240 miles were mine to drive!!!

Finally at 230 Central Time (330 am EST) we arrived in Tupelo and yes we were tired but in one piece!!!! Man was that a long day!!

But the true crafter that I am I did not leave home without at least a fraction of my scrapbook stuff so that I can create some layouts in my spare time on vacation : ) We shall see what inspires me while I am here!!!

No comments: