Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Secret Ingredient is..........Garbanzo Beans!!!!

So in my mission to eat healthier, on Sunday I started trying to follow the Eat Right for your Blood Type "O" Diet. Well it is really more a lifestyle change than a diet. There are plenty of food options but it is definately a change from what we think is good for us, because not everything is good for everyone!

The tradition at my work is that I bake all the cakes for the birthday's in our department. Well that posed a dilemma for me as I am trying hard to follow the "O" diet so I went searching for a recipe that included only ingredients that are allowed. I was surprised to find both a Chocolate Cake and a Chocolate Frosting recipe.

So on my way home I went to the grocery to get all the ingredients that I needed to make all 3 cakes!!

I am not allowed to have traditional flour so in place of the flour this recipe called for using garbanzo beans. I was skeptical how this would taste in a cake but actually I could hardly tell the difference!!

And here is the finished product!!

No comments: