Friday, August 1, 2008

16 weeks and exhausted....



Sorry for the lack of posts lately but it just seems like now that I am pregnant and working 4 ten hour work days it seems like time flies by.

Well I have made it into the 2nd trimester and I have to say I am still exhausted most of the time. I think it is mainly contributed to the fact that I don't sleep very well at night--I am very restless trying to get comfortable. I just keep thinking I am not that big yet, how bad is it going to be when I'm 8-9 months pregnant and huge lol. I guess I will just have to cross that bridge when it comes to it. At my last checkup at 14 weeks I had gained a total of 4 pounds since I got pregnant not too bad but I need to watch it to make sure its not 3 pounds every time I go back to the OB for my checkups :) I am excited to report that in 3 weeks we should know if we will be welcoming a boy or a girl as part of our new family. Then the next day hubby and I are off to Las Vegas for a babymoon for 5 days--- I cannot wait!! I do not have many vices but I do love to play the slots and sometimes try my luck on the tables....My best friend taught my how to pay video roulette last time we were there and I did pretty well at it, so I hope to show my hubby how to play this trip. And I hope he has a better visit to Las Vegas because last summer when we met up with Candice and Mike he spent most of the trip in the hotel room because he got food poisoning. Here's to a better vacation this time around :)

1 comment:

Karen said...

Gaining only 4 pounds so far is great! I think I lost weight in my first trimester b/c I couldn't eat a thing. Don't worry your energy level will come back soon! My second trimester was awesome...you really start to show, you find out the sex of the baby and lucky for you your third trimester won't be in the middle of the freaking summer! I still blame our twins on all of those holiday parties we went to:) Try to get some sleep b/c I've gained about 30 lbs in total so far and sleeping does really suck. I pee at least two to three times a night and toss & turn the rest. Also have fun but remember to rest when you can! Everyone told me to slow down but I had so much I wanted to do before the babies come and before I knew it I had swollen feet and they put me on bed rest. I'm lucky though my bedrest is pretty easy; I can still do some little things like go to the doctors three times a week, relax in the pool and we even went grocery shopping (but I had to ride in one of the electric scooters). Anyways it looks like you are doing great!!! I am excited for you to find out the sex of your baby and your babymoon sounds like a lot of fun!