Thursday, September 27, 2007

Craft Shows

I have spent most of today trying to promote my work trying to get my first non friend family sale--but still no luck yet!!

So I have been looking into arts and craft shows that I could rent space at to promote my product!! Since I am just beginning I don't want to spend alot of money, so I am going to start with some of the smaller shows that have cheap entry fees just to get my feet wet and get some experience with them under my belt!

I have a few possibilities that I am interested in and I am just waiting to get responses back for more information!

I am kind of excited and scared because now I need to get more than 3 pieces of work ready to be able to go to a show lol!!

I am also awaiting the arrival of my promotional labels that I want to use to market myself on the products that I do sell!! The proof looked awesome so I am very excited to actually get my hands on them!

3 comments:

Cora said...

You have cute layouts - I'm sure if you keep promoting they will sell soon :)

I'm also looking into joining a small scale craft fair in my neighbourhood - but I am worried about having enough stock! Everyone says you need a lot -but what does that really mean! hhmmm :)

Melissa--KunceKrafts said...

I am so excited someone actaully read mm blog hehe....May I ask where you found about it--Just want to see if my marketing is paying off!!

Yea I am really unsure that is why I gave myself until the end of November to get ready, and I will just take everything that I have made and offer custom made orders : )

Cora said...

It is kinda exciting when someone else reads your blog :
I found yours on a Etsy forum post today:
http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5249971&page=3

There are programs that allow you to see how many people are visiting your blog, where they came from, what terms they searched for etc.
I'm new to this but I'm using blogpatrol to monitor my stats : http://www.blogpatrol.com

Happy Blogging :)