Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Almost 33 weeks!!

On Friday I will be 33 weeks along---today I had my weekly checkup which was the same ol routine except for the fact that they wanted to do an ultrasound to check Fionna's growth....Well our little angel is already weighing in at 5 lbs 6 oz (that puts her in the 82% percentile for size). The average range for a baby at her gestation is anywhere from 4 lbs to 4 lbs 10 oz. So she is well on her way to being a LARGE healthy baby!! I am told that this is normal for babies whose mom has Gestational Diabetes and not to worry and that there is nothing that I can do to control her growth! The normal baby gains about 1/2 lb a week at this point so I am guessing at a minimum if Fionna goes to full term she will be around 9 lbs, most likely she will be bigger than that though. I am told they will do another ultrasound around 37-38 weeks to check her growth once again because once they get near the 9 lb range then we will have to discuss the risks of a vaginal birth versus a c-section.

But other than that I got a clean bill of health and clearance to travel this weekend so Hubby, I, and our 3 miniature dachshunds will be traveling to Miami for the Thanksgiving holiday as well as my 2nd baby shower :)

No comments: