Monday, February 25, 2008

Creation Deprivation

So I feel like I have not been able to craft and create anything new in awhile!! I have made some new candles and soy tarts but what I really want to do is get my craft room reorganized and get my sewing machine out of the bag!!! I want to sew something and I want to work on my bookmarks that I got all my supplies for. I made a few samples a couple weeks ago but they didnt turn out the way I wanted and my lamination machine less than thrilled me. So I had this brillant idea to try laminating them at work that uses heat to laminate, however I have not had time to make any new bookmarks to try that out on!!!

Here is a picture of my lovely messy craft room (the candle making area is out in the garage and its a tad bit neater)!!



The weekends seem to fly by and I barely feel like I get the minimum of house chores done that I need to, so crafting always falls to the end of the list. Oh how I wish I could have a week off to create and read some of my many books that I just bought at Barnes and Noble. Did I forget to mention that I have a book fetish!! I usually have to restrain myself from going to the book store too often, so I usually only make my way when James Patterson comes out with a new book, well 7th Heaven came out so I had to go. Well I ended up walking out with like 8 books lol....I always scavenge the clearance section to see what interesting books I can find!! And its not like I have a ton of time to read but I love it!! So I buy these books in hopes that one day I will find the time to read them : ) Here is my stack of purchases-- these are not all for me though one is my friends baby's first birthday and the two irish books are for my Grandpa's birthday in March! The rest are all mine hehe!!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Your craft room is neat compared to my studio!